Monday, September 22, 2008

You won't believe it!

Last Thursday, 9-18, I was waiting at the end of our driveway for my bus like I always do. My dogs, Dot and Quasi, were running around chasing random insects, and jumping on me like they always do, my other dog, Red, was at home asleep. Then all of a sudden this car came out of nowhere and without swerving or slowing down the driver ran over my dog Quasi. At first I was just frozen by the pure shock that my favorite dog had just been ran over right in front of me. I didn't know what to do. My bus was on its way, my mom was already at work, and my dad was at home taking a shower. But thankfully a very nice man, named Mr. Beavers, was going by in his truck. He stopped and got out of his truck and got down on the ground right next to Quasi. Then he asked me what had happened and I told him that the person in the car had just ran over him and didn't even stop or slow down, just kept going. This is where I asked him the question I really didn't want to,"Is he still alive?" You can't believe the amount of relief I felt when he said that he was, but that his leg looked really skinned up and that he thought that it was probably messed up on the inside. I asked him if he could wait there with my dog while I went home to get my dad and if he could ask my bus driver if she would wait for me while I came back up the driveway. He said that he had no problem with that. When I got home my dad told me that he would finish up then go up the driveway and then things would move on from there. When my dad got up the driveway there was no one there. I had gotten on the bus and Mr. Beavers was gone. My dad looked around everywhere, we live in the middle of a forest so there were a lot of places to look. After he looked around for a while, he called my mom and told her what happened. She said she would be home as soon as she could, after about a half-hour my mom got home and they both looked around everywhere. After a while my dad said that he had to go to work so my mom decided to stay home in case Quasi came home or Mr. Beavers came back and informed her as to what happened to my dog. After a while he did come back and he said that he thought that my dad wasn't going to get there fast enough so he went ahead and took him to a vet. He couldn't leave a note because he didn't have any paper. He told my mom that Quasi was at the vet and they would call when he was ready for her to pick him up. After about an hour, they called and said that she could come and pick him up. Thankfully he just had a lot of scrapes, bruises and in general would just be really sore for a while. The vet gave us medicine to give him so that he wouldn't be in pain,which was good. Thankfully everything worked out fine. But, from now I am putting him in a crate when I leave for the bus in the morning.

8 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

This blog almost made me cry. While I am so proud of the young man you are becoming I will always miss my little boy. I am very grateful that Mr.Beavers was there for you and for Qausi. Sometimes God sends us angels and we don't realize it at first because they look like everybody else.

HeartofGoldPlate said...

It really sucks that you've got some real idiots driving down that street.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Patrick.You are becoming quite the young man.I am glad Quasi is feeling better.I am ever so thankful that you were not hit by that reckless driver.
Your mom was right I'm glad God had Mr.Beavers in the right place at the right time for you and Quasi.
xo
G

Anonymous said...

dont worry, he'll get his...

Patrick said...

I believe you dad. Just make sure that it is a just desereved punishment.

Betty BeadBug said...

Like the song says...every dog has it's day. No pun intended.

Tequilla Moles said...

Oh my god i am soo sorry, give my best to Quasi. Thanks for the e-mail.

Patrick said...

Don't mention it.